Rhubarb Crumble Pie
Martha Stewart Pies and Tarts
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours
- Yield Serves 10
- Pie Dough, or your favorite prepared crust (and skip steps 1 and 2)
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 3/4 pounds (about 6 cups) rhubarb, ends trimmed, cut crosswise into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- Crumble Topping
- Place the pie dough on a floured piece of parchment paper. Using your knuckles, press edges of dough to help prevent cracking. Roll out dough to a 14-inch round.
- Use the parchment to lift and wrap dough around rolling pin; carefully unroll over a 9-inch pie plate. Gently fit dough into bottom and sides of plate, being careful not to stretch or tear. Using kitchen shears, trim dough to a 1-inch overhang; fold under, and press gently to seal. Crimp edges if desired. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. with rack in lowest level. In a large bowl, toss rhubarb with sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Pour into pie shell; sprinkle with Crumble Topping. Place pie on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Place pie in oven; reduce heat to 375 degrees. Bake until topping is browned and crust is lightly browned, about 1 1/2 hours. (If topping or crust begins to brown too quickly, tent with foil.) Cool completely before serving.