In present times, no one is oblivious to the power of the internet. From learning cooking recipes to making new friends online, there is no aspect of our lives that has been left untouched by the internet. It is the comfort and convenience of the net that has made it so popular worldwide. It is oh-so-convenient for everyone to sit on their easy chairs with a mug of coffee and know all that is happening around the world just at the click of a tiny button. There is no aspect of our lives that has been left untouched by the power of the internet. This includes our married and dating life as well.
As of late, online dating has become a rage. With sites like Tinder and Match, it has become very easy for people to register online to try finding the person of their dreams. The anonymity these sites provide makes them all the more comfortable for an individual to find their prince or princess charming. However, there are always two sides to a coin.
While dating sites can be fun, they also prove to be a breeding ground for stalkers and psychotic criminals, who register online, mainly looking for their next vulnerable victim. Many times innocent victims unknowingly succumb to the charm of the stalkers, hence suffering a lot in the process. Such doings can prove to be very dangerous and even fatal at the time. Here we have a few tips for you to avoid a stalker while visiting an online dating website:
- Block anyone suspicious: The moment you get an inkling that a person is going an extra mile to charm you or is trying to become your friend by force, block him or her immediately. Also, make sure to report the profile for the safety of others as well.
- Don’t accept request randomly: Whenever you get a friend request, don’t accept it immediately. Make so to visit the person’s profile first. After that, run a search on him or her on Google to verify whether the images used are real or fake. Only after a thorough search should you accept a request, else avoid.
- Keep the chats restricted to the website only: Make sure to keep your chats restricted to the website only. Never share your phone number or talk to mobile apps for your own safety.
- Meet in a public place: When you decide to meet the person in real, make sure to meet him or her in a crowded public place. Never meet the person in an isolated location.
- Take a friend along: Make sure to take a friend along on your first date if you choose to date online. Never meet a person whom you don’t know all alone for the first time.
- Do not share your address or other personal details: Make sure not to share your address or other personal details with a person. You may repent later. Also, make sure to never share your intimate pictures with anyone online, which he or she may use to trouble you later.
It is better to be safe than sorry! All the best!